Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tech Tip: Google Presence

It is quite intriguing to google your own name and see what you can find. My name is not necessarily original, however, the spelling of my last name is. Vaughan (how my family spells it) is often seen without the final a, Vaughn. This spelling is from the specific area of Ireland that my family is from and is still quite common there today. When I googled myself my Facebook and Linkedin profiles are all that appeared initially. When I added Texas to the end of the search I actually found the Facebook of another Austin Vaughan who spelled his name exactly the same as I do. I tinkered with a few other keywords but I couldn't find any additional information on myself. I guess I have a positive online presence which is beneficial when applying to graduate programs and job positions in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment