Sunday, November 9, 2014

Famous Last Words: Week 12

Well for anyone who follows OU football this weekend was quite the disappointment. An 11am game is a hard thing in itself but a game that ends up like this one did is just a cruel punishment. I went to the game expecting to have a chance of beating Baylor and left just hoping to maintain some level of composure. Other than this small detail I had a pretty decent week and weekend. I couldn't wait for Friday to arrive after having two tests this past week and lots of other work to complete. Really I am just glad that this weekend just came and went because it stood in the way of this upcoming weekend which I have been looking forward to for months. I am headed to Lubbock, Texas on Friday to spend the weekend with some of my best friends from high school. We all try to make a trip to see one another at least once a semester and this time it is my turn to go to them. Every weekend I have spent in Lubbock has been a blast and I am expecting nothing less from this one. Unlike the others though, it is also the weekend of my 22nd birthday so I will get to spend it celebrating with my closest friends. Usually my mom drives up from Dallas to spend my birthdays with me and my friends in Norman so she is a little bummed that I will be gone this year. However, she already sent me my birthday gift and I of course didn't wait till my actual birthday to open in. She got me a great pair of boots that I love and have wanted for a while now. She always manages to get me the best gifts. Well I'm sure I will have quite a few stories to tell in this post next week after the weekend out of town.

Clarks Boots

1 comment:

  1. Hi Austin. I know your pain. I was at work while the game was going on, but I was able to tell just how badly it was going by how upset some of the customers were getting. The amount that we lost by was just ridiculous. It sounds like you are going to be having an awesome weekend. Have fun and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete