Sunday, November 2, 2014

Famous Last Words: Week 11

This week has been quite the crazy and eventful one of not only me but also my entire family. I missed most of this weeks class work because I was at home since last Friday for the birth of my first niece. My sisters baby girl was born on Tuesday, October 28th at 12:35 pm and I was lucky enough to be there for this wonderful event. My sister and her husband named her Jubilee Nevaeh Reynosa which none of us were told until she was born. My sister wanted to keep the name a secret so none of the family could put in their two cents (she is quite stubborn). I am quite the proud uncle and cannot wait to get home again to see her. Once I made it back to Norman I had a lot of catching up to do because of my few days out of town. However, all the work was definitely made up for by the fact that it was Halloween weekend. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I love getting to dress up for it. This year I went as a lost boy from the movie lost boys which not many people even know exists. However, I think I came up with a pretty good costume for it and even went as far as to pierce my ear just to really sell the look. I went into claires to buy the earrings and proceeded to tell the sales woman that "no, I don't need you to pierce it, I'll just do it myself". She gave me quite the panicked look when I informed her of my plan but just shook her head and kept her comments to herself. Wednesday night I had a friend use a safety pin and pierce my ear. Probably not one of my brightest decisions but it did the trick and really completed my outfit. I definitely got a few strange looks at my job though, especially because the only small earring the girl had happened to be hot pink. I didn't want to where one of the long dangling ones that was for my costume the entire day so the pink stud seemed to be the better option. Overall I just don't think earrings are "my look". It turned out to be quite the amazing week and weekend even with the hole still in my ear.

Happy Gilmore and a Lost Boy
Personal Photo 

No comments:

Post a Comment