Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

Legendary Creatures Speak Up:
This storybook name automatically caught my attention with both amusement and curiosity; I had to see what was to come. After opening the storybook book I found it quite comical that the basis was actually a convention for such creatures. I also liked the depth within the introduction that the writer went into including prices, various events, and even speakers. Stepping into the actual stories the writer created an interview dialogue between various legendary creatures and those in the audience. I couldn't help but love the idea of this and imagine such a conference actually occurring. Overall, I loved the layout of the storybook and the idea presented that sucked me in further and further each line I read.

Legendary Creatures Speak Up

Battle of the Heroes:
Once again I was drawn in by the title of the storybook; although basic it brings about the curiosity of what this may entail. As I looked through the introduction I began to see what was actually occurring with this story, time travel. The basis is that the producers take heroes from various time periods and pit them against one another to crown a true champion. I loved the concept of such a show and the possibilities would be endless. The layout was very basic which I believe brought out the ancient viewpoint of the story.

Battle of the Heroes

Deeper into the Forest of the Brothers Grimm:
Off the bat I like the idea of delving deeper into a classic storybook and possibly expanding on the existing. The introduction truly places you beside the hero with the use of spectacular imagery and descriptive wording. Of the 3 stories I looked at this one also had my favorite layout. The background looking like that of tree bark only further places you into the story and helps you to imagine exactly what is occurring.

Deeper into the Forest of the Brothers Grimm 



No comments:

Post a Comment