Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reading Diary Week 8

Basically all of my reading diaries tend to be in the same format which focuses on summarizing the material. This way seems to work best for me and the one week I tried to focus on important aspects for my post is a section of the book that I remember the least of. I usually read through the required pages completely and then return to do my diary post. I tend to take in a lot of the information while I am reading so I think that trying to do my post while reading would only slow me down. I think my diary posts are the perfect length to easily summarize the content while also including necessary details. After reading back through them I could easily explain both of the two books and the major differences between them. One aspect that I might change for the second half of the semester is the addition of quotes into my diaries. I really like this idea and may begin to highlight quotes that I like so I can come back and add them in while I am writing my diary. I don't tend to use my diary posts as a reference throughout the week but I think I will start to do so. I think this will help me to come up with storytellings more easily and jog my memory a bit before I begin to rewrite the sections. I also think I will try to start tying in outside sources that are relatable to the readings. I often think of other books, movies, or shows that have common themes or events but I never actually put those thoughts into word. I think I will continue with my overall same style of reading diary while incorporating the new aspects spoken about above.

No comments:

Post a Comment